Ok, I used to think that it was just me, mom-bias, but turns out (and this is an actual fact), my kid is a genius.
One afternoon, Will decided he wanted to make a boat. He got out one of the toy tubs that is stored under his bed. By testing it out with a foot, he quickly realized that it simply wasn't buoyant enough to keep him afloat. So he asked me for a 60 lb weight. He knew if his creation could hold 60 lbs, it could hold him. All I could find was a 5 lb-er. So he put the fiver in the tub and measured how low the tub dipped into the water, about 2 inches. He measured the side of the tub and found it was 8 inches tall. He then deduced that a tub could hold 20 lbs. If he had 3 tubs, he could hold 60 lbs. So he tied three tubs together (I suggested the board to distribute the weight after the plastic lid he laid across it bent in two) and ta-da! He built his own boat!
One afternoon, Will decided he wanted to make a boat. He got out one of the toy tubs that is stored under his bed. By testing it out with a foot, he quickly realized that it simply wasn't buoyant enough to keep him afloat. So he asked me for a 60 lb weight. He knew if his creation could hold 60 lbs, it could hold him. All I could find was a 5 lb-er. So he put the fiver in the tub and measured how low the tub dipped into the water, about 2 inches. He measured the side of the tub and found it was 8 inches tall. He then deduced that a tub could hold 20 lbs. If he had 3 tubs, he could hold 60 lbs. So he tied three tubs together (I suggested the board to distribute the weight after the plastic lid he laid across it bent in two) and ta-da! He built his own boat!

2 comments:
wow! He is smart, nice work momma!
I think next on the list should be a bigger pond!
Post a Comment