I've been tearing through the house the last week or two, trying to tidy up the messy places. This basket in particular hadn't been touched in probably a year! It was full of blankets and toys and books for Ben, but I would always just throw the diaper stuff right on top where I could grab it easily. Let me preface by saying that throwing things away makes me happy! I loaded up two garbage cans full of broken toys and missing parts and random papers out of Ben and Sara's room and all the toy boxes. None of it was even worth saving to donate or give away! But in the midst of all my tossing I came across some stuff that was much harder to sort. Little teeny booties and newborn diapers, a blanket I'd swaddled the babies in, brand-new shoes that Ben never even had a chance to wear before he grew out of them. . .just writing about it makes me teary-eyed! This would be the time in the usual progression of things that I would be getting ready to have another baby, or even already in the midst of midnight feedings. There are moments (like this basket) where I have a really hard time letting that period go. . .but on we fly to the next phase in our lives, elementary school plays and soccer games!
One more baby rite-of-passage: potty training! I'm actually looking forward to it! One more jumbo-pack of diapers and we're good to go!

2 comments:
any potty training secrets? we are trying with Theo without much luck!
Okay, I have got to potty train my three year old before you potty train your two year old!
Post a Comment