The other day in the car we were listening to some of my very favorite 60s tunes. . .I particularly love any song that starts out with the sound of rain falling (which this one did, of course!)
"The only girl I care about is gone away,
Looking for a brand new start,
And little did she know that when she left that day,
Along with her she took my heart.
Rain please tell me, now does that seem fair?
For her to steal my heart away when she don't care,
I can't love another with my heart somewhere far away. . ."
But Kayte got worried, "Mom, if someone steals your heart away, can you still love God? God is supposed to be in your heart, and if they steal it, won't they steal God too?"
She does have a point there. . . .good thing her heart still belongs completely to her daddy, safe and sound!

No comments:
Post a Comment