Friday, January 22, 2010

Learning to Swim. . .again!


Here we are, back at the pool! This is the kids' third (and final!) attempt at lessons to learn how to swim! I'm pretty desperate as you can see. . .I just can't be responsible for four non-swimmers at the pool this summer! I'm not even sure 4:1 is a legal ratio in Idaho! They do a really great job. . .it isn't like they are afraid of the water or anything. . .it just hasn't clicked yet!
The kids thought we'd be back at the pool in Moscow (the outdoor pool!) and I didn't do anything to discourage that belief (cause it was funny!), but I think they were pretty disappointed when we ended up inside, all warm and cozy when they were geared up for the cold! But seeing as it hit 55 degrees this week, it really wouldn't have been much different than the August day I took this photo at the pool:

That was one cold lesson! (No wonder they find it hard to swim!)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carissalayla said...

my kids can't swim either and both are a bit afraid of putting their heads in so I am a bit desperate myself!