Saturday, December 31, 2016

Snowed in!

We've had an epic amount of snow this year, just as I was hoping!  We'd already been plowed out once, but the snow kept coming and the wind started to pick up.  Because we were super-busy and all over the map, I left the car at the end of the driveway just to make sure no kid was left stranded anywhere.  But by afternoon I thought it would be safe to go on home.  Big mistake.  Huge blizzard lots of snow!!  By the time we started to take the wind seriously, it was too late.
We woke up the next morning to two and three foot drifts all the way down the driveway.

The kids were in heaven, despite the wind.

The next morning.
After making a few phone calls around for a plow, I just decided to give it a try myself.  After an hour of shoveling, I was already a third of the way!  Joe finished it off in the dark that evening and early the next morning.  Like pioneers in the wilderness :)
I do love this snow!!

No comments: