Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The LAST DAY of VACATION!

We were all very sad to get up and get going this morning...we've spent the last two weeks being super-lazy and enjoying all our new toys.  No schedule.  Nowhere to go.  Nothing to rush off to, or get pretty for.  It was the best.  But this morning I actually had to wake Will up.  For 17 days he's been up and at 'em early, but somehow today, the first day back at school, I knew he'd still be snuggled up in bed when I got up.  Isn't that just the way?
Anyway.  We were super-fortunate to get a blizzard on our last day of freedom.  I hustled the kids into their snow clothes and we invited ourselves over to the Driskill house where there is a handy little kid-friendly hill just on the corner.
Super-fun!
 
 
This kid.  Not so much a fan of being white-washed on his way down the hill.  He'd really rather be skiing.
(And yes, that's a girl's coat.  It was the handiest one.  He really didn't mind.  Really.)
 
Jem couldn't figure him out.  She was having a great time!
 
These girls are in it for the chit-chat.
Such a beautiful winter day!  Buh-bye Christmas vacation...see you next year!

No comments: