So today is the day of new resolutions and reinventing oneself. Besides the usual health resolutions (lose those 10 holiday, fall, summer, vacation, and general livin-it-up pounds) I actually have a few goals for the year.
1. I'd like to stick to my Bible-reading plan. The booklet I have covers the New Testament twice and the Old Testament once. Last year I gave it a try, but this year, I'm making it a requirement. And now it is written here in stone, so consider yourself one to hold me accountable.
2. I'd like to try another half-marathon. And I'd like to do it under 2 hours. But mostly, I'd just like to do it. Crossing the finish line was a feeling like none I'd ever experienced. And more than anything, it made my husband kinda proud of me, which would drive me all the way through a whole marathon. Almost.
Cause that's plain crazy.
Cause that's plain crazy.
3. Lastly, I'd like to regularly dispense some advice to my kids on paper. Let me start by saying I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. I've convinced myself of 4 different fatal diseases in just the last year. Besides the fact that everytime I drive on the highway, I'm certain it will be my death. Rain or shine, I will die in a car accident, but only on a highway at least 2 hours from home. Otherwise, I'm fine. Needless to say, I feel like it might be a good idea to tell my kids stuff that I might never get to say to them, for any number of reasons. Really important stuff. Or simply the mundane. Like I really really love 'em, and even when I go totally bananas, I'd turn around in the same moment and not hesitate to die for them.
Joe bought me 2009 of my blog for Christmas this year. I haven't made it all the way through yet cause it's fatter by quite a bit than 2008. But it's a bit of the legacy I want to leave for my kids. And this will just be a way of adding to it.
So notice taken. This year, 2013, is all new and fresh, with only today's mistakes on it so far. Brush off 2012, and every year prior, and start fresh!
No comments:
Post a Comment