Sunday, April 22, 2012

I see tulips!

So...Joe and I had the opportunity to head west for the tulip festival this year!  I'd heard about it growing up, but I've never been!  So we packed our little bags, sent the kids in many millions of directions and hit the road...
We managed to score great weather, and the tulips were beautiful.

Does this look like he's super-excited?
This one's better:


We went to a famous salmon barbeque hosted by the Kiwanis and checked out the Mt. Vernon Street Fair.  (Footlong corndogs and chocolate-covered strawberry kabobs.  Need I say more?)
It was a relaxing little jaunt across Washington, and some much-needed downtime.  It has been a record-crazy three months and it was nice to slow down.
Some other pics:
An entire building housing...a telephone???


And this little gesture nearly broke me.  Seriously boys.  Take a page from this boy's book.  I can pretty much guarantee she said yes.

No comments: