Thursday, April 26, 2012

Good. Day.

It was raining hard outside, the kids just up from naps, my house was scrubbed clean, the washer thundering above me with the last load of laundry for the day.  I was finally getting to those chocolate chip cookies I was craving, and pretty psyched that they'd be ready by the time that I had to get the olders from school.  Totally loving the fact that there was finally no extra-curriculars to hurry off to as soon as the bell rang for the day.  Sara was reading and Ben was hanging out with her in the window in our kitchen and, just like a boy, he was trying to dissassemble the cord from the window shade.
Finally he looked up at her and said, "So Sara, how was school today?"
"Good." she says.
"Did you love it? ....I sure missed you when you were at school."
And my heart breaks just a little....

Sure beats yesterday, when I was so hectic and crazy that I forgot to acknowledge the big orange "YOU'RE OUT OF GAS" light and had to pray my way to the gas station where I managed to pump 22.23 gallons of gas into what I always thought was a 22 gallon tank.

Two fantastic examples of God's blessings :)  My cup overflows.

No comments: