Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How do you like them apples?


It had been a while, and I had some time to kill, so I jaunted out to our property for a little peek at the view. Sometimes I just need a look, and remember why I'm so in love with it. In the past, I've been very careful to avoid the new little road, but that day, I was bold and I drove right up into the gravel. It's my road. Why shouldn't I? And our little apple tree. The only one on the property was heavy with it's harvest of beautiful yellow apples. I wasn't expecting yellow, but I love yellow apples! So I got out and picked a few for the kids in the backseat. It was my tree, after all! And they were delicious, just like they promised to be.
It was nice to be out there. It is just a little seed of a dream today, and easy to forget in the busy-ness of everyday life. But it got me all excited again, and focused on what we were saving for. I can't wait!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: