Monday, October 25, 2010

The BIG DAY!

She did it! K gave me the great idea of not leading up to the big moment by like, a whole day. So instead, yesterday I told Kayte we were going out for errands, and when she got in the car, I told her we were going to go get it done! She was really excited!
I had to take a picture of her perfect little whole ears before it happened. She's still so little. . . .

On our way in. . . she's totally psyched! (and calm!)


But, when she sat down in the chair, she was definitely freaked out!
There was only one girl on staff, so she had to do one ear and then the other, instead of both at the same time. The first was a shocker. But she did great.


She picked out pink, cause that is her October birthstone. Isn't that nice?
Wow! She's almost so-close to being all grown up.
We treated ourselves at Starbucks. The Claire's lady gave her a little bag with her cleaner in it that said "I just got my ears pierced." I didn't notice what it said until much later, so everyone was staring at her and smiling all nice, and I couldn't figure out how they knew! And just a side note: I was a little anxious about the quality of the piercing staff at Claire's, but the girl was really fantastic and professional. That really mattered to me. I mean, it's my little girl's ears and it is permanent!
What a big day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kelly said...

Yay we are so excited!!

Jan said...

Kayte,what a big girl! Most of all for thinking of it all on your own! Love the October color, it's ours!