Lately that seems to be my usual state of mind: Frantic!
It feels like I'm constantly running a million miles a minute and always a million miles behind. I see other moms at school, who seem to be in a constant state of calm. And I always look like the headless chicken. I was reading a friend's blog and her last two posts ('Free time' and 'Please, trip me') seemed to speak straight to my feelings lately. I appreciate that there are others out there like me, and that they learned how to chill. And that is probably going to mean getting up 1/2 hour before my kids do (which is unbelievably difficult for me!) It is amazing how starting out slow can actually move me into the day at a much more reasonable pace in a peaceful state of mind, instead of hitting the ground running frantic, which is literally what I do.
We'll see how that little resolution goes :)
(I should mention, my friend has 9 kids, while I only have 4, so. . .not really an equal comparison, but, she still makes a good point!)
No comments:
Post a Comment