Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ben turned 10 months (last week :)

I thought for Ben's 10 month summary, more pictures were necessary to capture all that is Ben at this age.
First of all, I'm completely shocked that he has already hit this mark and just yesterday I bought the last of the formula I will probably ever buy. Another milestone behind us. . .my baby is almost a toddler and that's it! Too fast!!!

Ben does not like sitting for lunch. He cries through lunch, then I put him on the floor to explore and he scrambles over to the floor beneath his highchair and eats up the lunch that he had thrown there. I don't understand this little game, but whatever, as long as he's eating, who am I to complain?


And the thing I love about Ben! He is well-versed in the art of sound-effects already! Here he is shooting a gun and making the corresponding spitting noises. So talented!


He has taken to carrying his sock around in his teeth - yes, just like a little puppy. Running around on all fours with it hanging from his mouth. He also likes to throw it under a chair or his crib, crouch low and crawl under to retrieve it. He will do that little game again and again.
He's been teething lately and trying to bite me, or anything else he can sink his teeth in. Will tells him firmly that this is not allowed. And he has been hanging onto an ear infection for a month. We are on our second round of antibiotics. We had a check-up at 10 months and he weighed in at 20 lbs. 12. Slightly down in percentile, but to me, 20 lbs before 1 year is still nice and healthy!
The doctor was a little concerned that he may have amblyopia, which is lazy eye in his left eye. She was having a difficult time screening him because, well, he just wasn't paying much attention to her (a critical part of the screening process). So we are taking him to Spokane this month to get them looked at. I'm 99.9% sure he doesn't have it, since I've been 'screening' him a lot since we got the news. But even if he is just a teeny bit off, it is worth looking into, as it may affect his hand-eye coordination. (Yes, there are more serious consequences possible, of course, but the hand-eye thing caught our eye as it is slightly important for such things as basketball :)
Otherwise, Ben is healthy and happy and there is no sign of the heart murmur we heard nine months ago, which is a relief. He is sleeping the same and eating much the same as a month ago.
He certainly is becoming a bigger and bigger, more active part of our family and he is becoming so much fun! We thank God for his little happy self!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: