Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Cup Full

I've just settled in my chair with a glass of wine and some cold pizza and I again find myself musing on my cup full of blessings. We spent this weekend in the Wallawas with my family. Highlights include a room full of twin beds so all the cousins can stay up late chatting, hot chocolate in Grandma's cabin in the morning, pancakes, shooting the fish with a sling shot, shooting the elk head with a bow and arrow, running from the elk, exploring a 'real-live' forest, jumping on the beds, play dough, popcorn, and movies. And for the adults, baseball, shopping, hiking, feeding the rainbow trout, and the yearly newlywed game (Joe and I are standing champs for the last two years! Yeah, we love each other the best :)

The "twin bed room".


Disney Bingo. Madison kept jumping up and down yelling "I have it. I have it!" But Ava took awhile to get anything at all, and in her own words, "I got skunked!"


It was sunny when we got there so Brooklyn and Sara played outside. They are just getting to the age where they are starting to have fun playing together.


Sara, entertaining Hudson.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!

john sawyer said...

Re: the newlywed game. Some of the best people I know are no good at it.

Grandps John

Jan said...

let's go back next year!! What a rich blessing!