Kayte requested a steelhead trip on her birthday and I was forced to oblige. Will and Sara decided she would need a new fishing pole for her birthday and they selected a perfect Barbie rod for the first time steelheader.
One of the things I like most about being a Dad and taking my kids fishing in the morning is sneaking downstairs to wake them from their slumber. It's great to watch them snap up and jump out of bed so excited for an adventure. But for that to happen, I need to get out of bed and that didn't happen this time. Instead of me waking them up, I was greeted in bed by two eager fishermen wondering why I hadn't come down yet. Whoops! Never trust alarm clocks! So 1 1/2 hours late I jumped out of bed and in a flurry we hit the road with not much time to actually do any fishing.
Kayte focusing and waiting for a big fish.Grandpa, with help from the kids, landed the first fish. It was a sucker but the kids really don't care.
Grandpa with another feisty sucker.

No comments:
Post a Comment