This is my first official blog takeover, but I couldn't help myself. For the first time ever, we had three generations of Casebolt steelheaders on the water. The highlight of my day was Will telling me that I was his best fishing buddy, not much more a Dad could ask for. You can see our competition was stiff as you could practically walk across the river on boats....
But regardless Will and I fished intently....
It seemed to help, just not the right species of fish. Will thought this fish was too "suckery" to keep (and he was right)
Finally a big fish, but not a steelhead. This is the first salmon I have ever caught. Will did the initial fighting, but this one put up a pretty good fight and Dad had to finish him off. Not salmon season so back into the water he went.
Finally, we got our steelhead. Too bad he was wild or he would have been in our cooler.This was an amazing day for me to have Will along. He kept us smiling with his witty humor when the fishing was slow. Thanks to my Dad for joining us after being up until 1:30 AM last night! And, also for my wife for giving us the time to get out.
3 comments:
Yep, I got officially teary eyed! The first of many many man-boy trips to come!
"I love to fish because it is totally relaxing. I love the water. I can concentrate and forget all my worries. I count my blessings while fishing." George H. W. Bush
That truly was a blessing watching Will fishing and coaching me on why I was not catching a steelhead! His one liners where priceless, but the most rewarding to me was the watching of the passing on of the love of fishing and being on the water from my son to his son.
To top it off, it was nice to have three generations of Driskills on the river as well. The ship to ship communications between Will and Jack was great.
I liked Will's comment about the steelhead, he said it was just "too wild" to keep.
Post a Comment