Today I woke up, determined to be happy and busy all day. As there was no real trial, I got along quite well for most of the day. Then, five minutes before my doctor's appointment, they called and said he was in for emergency surgery, could they reschedule for Monday? (Did I mention that he missed last week's appointment also?) I was a little deflated. (It takes so little these days. . .) I called my mom to complain about my unfortunate situation, and she mentioned, as she frequently does, that my little disaster was just providence, and who knew what God had planned? I set this little nugget of wisdom aside and went in search of some retail therapy. After half an hour in Old Navy, I spent an hour at Winco buying groceries for the next two weeks. And it occured to me later that providence just might have me in labor in the next 24 hours, and in that case, I have 5 gallons of milk, 6 boxes of crackers, and provisions for at least 12 meals. And if for some reason, this boy wants to hang out till the very end, at least I won't have to trek to Winco with the three children in tow! That's not so bad, is it?
"...Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:5-6
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Pink Toes, Pregnancy Woes, & Providence
Today I woke up, determined to be happy and busy all day. As there was no real trial, I got along quite well for most of the day. Then, five minutes before my doctor's appointment, they called and said he was in for emergency surgery, could they reschedule for Monday? (Did I mention that he missed last week's appointment also?) I was a little deflated. (It takes so little these days. . .) I called my mom to complain about my unfortunate situation, and she mentioned, as she frequently does, that my little disaster was just providence, and who knew what God had planned? I set this little nugget of wisdom aside and went in search of some retail therapy. After half an hour in Old Navy, I spent an hour at Winco buying groceries for the next two weeks. And it occured to me later that providence just might have me in labor in the next 24 hours, and in that case, I have 5 gallons of milk, 6 boxes of crackers, and provisions for at least 12 meals. And if for some reason, this boy wants to hang out till the very end, at least I won't have to trek to Winco with the three children in tow! That's not so bad, is it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment