Isn't he sweet?
The last morning that I was in the hospital, I spent several hours trying to get little Ben to sleep so I could pack up and get ready to go. But every time I tried to lay him down, he would wake right back up. He simply would not sleep unless I held him. Don't get me wrong. I could sit and hold him and stare at him all day long and not get bored. I really do adore a brand-new-born! But eventually I will need a little sleep at night - just a little! But sure enough, that night, every time I laid him down he would wake up within 5 minutes. At 4 am I gave up all my rules and fell asleep nursing him in bed. The next night went exactly the same and again he ended up warm and cozy next to me for the last three hours of darkness.
So Joe and I decided to get tough and let him cry it out a bit the next night in his own crib. Apparently he prefers the crib, and ended up sleeping from 9:30 until I woke him up at 3 to feed him. Sweet, sweet sleep!

1 comment:
What a cute picture! That is awesome to get that much sleep after just a week. I hope he keeps it up for you!
Post a Comment