Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mom's Day

So, for Mother's Day this year, Joe bought me two microphones.  You can imagine my surprise when I opened them.  I thought he might be encouraging me to follow my dream of becoming a lounge singer, or the next Norah Jones.  And why two?  Was he going to be joining me on this escapade?  Certainly we cannot sing, so our fate was surely to be more of the Milli Vanilli variety.
But nope, this little microphone was taking the 50s idea for an intercom straight into the new millennium!  So instead of hollering up the stairs at my kids 14 times a day, I can just whisper into this little baby and the command becomes more than the children can resist.
I'm not gonna lie, we've also used it to karaoke to "Do you wanna build a snowman?"  Maybe Norah isn't in my future, but the kids can dream, can't they?!

No comments: