What is your New Year's Resolution?
Tomorrow morning, 5:15, I'm headed to the gym to take advantage of my Christmas present! 6 weeks of personal training with Annie! So that pretty much wraps up any fitness plans I have for the next little bit. . .I'm working on convincing myself to do a half-marathon this year, but, since I'd rather set small goals to start, I want to run Bloomsday! I've done Bloomsday. But I've never dreamed of running it. And the torture there is in the verb, I think. But lately, I've become a bit of a fan. So why not? I'm pretty excited about it. . .
My only other resolution for the year is to slow down, which is kind of the opposite from the first. I'm always either sleeping or speeding. I'd like to try walking. Slowly. Like, in the grocery store. Or even from the grocery store to my car. This will require extreme restraint on my part, and while "doing" is an easier resolution to keep than "not doing", I'm determined to do a little less every day. I want to breath slower, and eat slower, and hug my kids slower. You only live once. What's the big hurry all the time anyway? Sometimes you should say to yourself, why do today, what could possible wait until tomorrow. Like facebook.
So that's it!. . .For now. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment