Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Change o' Plans

So, today was gonna be a real productive day. Laundry needed only a polishing, a gym visit for the requisite cardio, Winco to restock a rapidly diminishing supply of fuel. Bank meeting for house planning. Maybe Old Navy for some basketball gear for Kayte (she starts tomorrow!) But. . . .Ben puked late last night. Just once. Just enough to cancel the day. And I spent the early part of the morning slowly succumbing to the cabin fever that has been sneaking up on me since Kayte first fell prey to the plague a week ago, followed by the others, one at a time. The gingersnaps were calling to the self-pity part of my brain. (Gosh, they're seductive.) But somewhere in the pile of clean laundry waiting to be put away, I found my big-girl pants, all pressed and ready. I polished the stainless steel that was sparkling just three days ago and went ahead and scrubbed the germs off my floor. Even though I knew Ben was going to be walking on in any minute breathing on them again. Peter Cetera was serenading me from Pandora and I found my groove. It was a blizzard outside, and because of my little cherub, I was locked down and 'forced' to enjoy it. Not such a bad day after all. I got some stuff done, and I got to hang with the little buddy and watch the snowglobe from my cozy chair. In an hour, the house will be crazy-loud with schoolkids free from the shackles of the classroom. And I'll be all refreshed and ready to roll. Sure beats Winco. Any day of the week.


Ahh, snow. Where have you been all winter???

No comments: