Friday, February 4, 2011

The Boy who cried Wolf!

The 2nd graders had their second assembly of the year today. This week has been insanely busy for the 2nd graders cause they had this, the spelling bee, and the usual spelling tests & memory verse test, and even a science test! Whew! (Kayte and Will both put in a good amount of study time for the spelling bee in the last two weeks and ended up doing really well. Kayte's spelling bee lasted a whole hour and 40 minutes, and she finally got out in 7th place for spelling the word 'thief' by spelling 'their', which signifies sheer exhaustion at that point! That is a smarty-party class and the competition is tough! Will, who experienced a whole lot of life between the spelling bee and when I picked him up at 3, could not remember what place he came in, or any of the words he spelled. But he did say that he made it all the way to the final round of the 1st grade words. . .after that, they start on the 2nd grade list. So that was pretty good!)
Anyway, the final big event of the week was the assembly play on "The Boy Who Cried Wolf!" The costumes were great, the kids remembered their lines and the wolf was appropriately bad. All-around good fun!

With a fellow 'villager', and a half-dressed sheep.


The poor sheep.


The unhappy villagers.


After the play. My camera batteries died in the usual fashion, before I could get a whole shot of the stage. But, I'm happy to say, they are having all the plays professionally videotaped now, for the wicked-good price of $7/DVD! So, we will have that memory for a lifetime :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I got to watch a few minutes of them rehearsing last week. They did a spectacular job just in the few minutes I watched them.