I totally don't have time to be doing this right now. My to-do list has gone from chaotic to certifiably insane. But frankly, I'm tired of looking at pictures of kids with puke buckets. So I sit down today to freshen up my screen with some good cheer. Monday night I fell asleep on the couch at 7:30 (what to-do list?), opened my eyes long enough to roll into my own bed at 8, and there I slept until 7:30 the next morning. Tuesday I woke fresh, with a new perspective and ready to tackle my chores for the day. Which included making 22 graham cracker gingerbread houses for the 1st grade class.
See! My little housing development:

Notice my little glass of reisling and well, my phone? Nothing like a little multi-tasking :)
I think I've mentioned before that I'm not a crafty one, but I do have a little fetish for glue guns. I mean, that is right up my alley! So precise and the glue hardens so fast. . .much easier than frosting!
Thankfully, most of my tasks are in the spirit of Santa's elves, and while it can be a little stressful, it is so much fun. . .I literally couldn't sleep last night from all the excitement of the week. And when I got to school today and delivered all the little houses, and 15 little first graders crowded around and ooh-ed and aah-ed, well. . . .that's just plain cool.
What a very merry season it is!
See! My little housing development:
Notice my little glass of reisling and well, my phone? Nothing like a little multi-tasking :)
I think I've mentioned before that I'm not a crafty one, but I do have a little fetish for glue guns. I mean, that is right up my alley! So precise and the glue hardens so fast. . .much easier than frosting!
Thankfully, most of my tasks are in the spirit of Santa's elves, and while it can be a little stressful, it is so much fun. . .I literally couldn't sleep last night from all the excitement of the week. And when I got to school today and delivered all the little houses, and 15 little first graders crowded around and ooh-ed and aah-ed, well. . . .that's just plain cool.
What a very merry season it is!

1 comment:
I bet you were talking to Kelly...
Post a Comment