So this week we celebrated my birthday. Birthdays are a huge deal to me, including (or let's say, especially) my own. Ever since college I have spent my birthday doing only what I want to do all day long. It is a tradition I have happily passed on to my husband and my kids. You can imagine Kayte's disappointment when she popped out of bed that morning and ran into the dining room expecting to see the place drenched in streamers like I do for the kids' birthdays. "When are you going to put up all the decorations for your birthday party? Where are the balloons?" Let's just say I like to celebrate my birthday by taking the day off from streamers and balloons :)
Now that I am a mother of four, I don't go too crazy - I was actually in bed by 9! But we did celebrate that night with dinner at Basilios. There were 14 adults and 11 children and there was mass chaos, but I had the best time ever! What a very full and blessed life I've acquired in my short time here on earth.
And the best gift of all - that morning I had asked the kids if they remembered how old I was. Will thought a moment, then shouted with confidence, "Twenty-two!"
How's that for charm?

2 comments:
Happy Birthday to you! I remember when you were just a little girl. And now you're all grown up and have such a wonderful family. I'm thankful for all of you, especially your dear mom!
Love,
Chris
Happy Birthday! I know how much you love birthdays, and it makes me smile thinking about you all at Basillos...nothing like mass choas to start your new year!
Post a Comment