Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fools' Day. Where sanity goes to die.

My own special section of hell would definitely be filled with practical jokers trying to make eternity there actually worse. 
This is my least favorite day of the year. 
My kids love it. 
I caught Kayte with an alarm set at midnight last night so she could creep out into the dark and set all her traps.  The boys were ready.  It was salt in people's milk, corn flakes in the cheerios, and water bombs.  It was pillows hanging from doorways and painted red eyebrows and toothpaste mustaches.  All before 8 AM.
They are good at it.  Well, mostly.  One of my kids said, "Go ahead Sara, drink the milk...there's nothing wrong with it.  It is perfectly normal milk.  Really."
I read that in Scotland April 1st actually lasts two days.  Course I read that on the internet.
Good. Heavens.
If you need me, I'll be hiding from my children.  Call my cell.


No comments: