Sunday, January 18, 2015

A heckuva day


Kayte has finally arrived.  All her baby teeth are gone and she is all geared up for braces.  The girl has my teeth and Joe's jaw, so they picked 4 of her teeth that just had to go first.  So one morning we headed to the orthodontist for her pre-braces impression (which in my naivety, I thought would be the worst part of the day, gag!), took a mini-break, and then set our course for the dentist for the extractions.  Now, we extract teeth in our house on a bi-monthly basis....one was pulled out in this house less than 20 minutes ago, as I type!  We've even been to the dentist for an extraction.  There's always a little blood, but mostly relief and rejoicing and calling of all the grandparents.  So I thought we'd head to the dentist and have Kayte's toothless smile back to school within the hour!
Fun fact: adult teeth are bigger than baby teeth.  And adult teeth roots are bigger than the teeth themselves.
There was lots of blood, lots of gauze, and lots of TV snuggling on the couch.
Our cinnamon roll mini-break between the ortho and the dentist....

....the numbing up.  Yes, I take pictures of my daughter in the chair. I promise she'll thank me someday.  Or maybe not.


Giant TEETH!!

Upside?  For Kayte, it was ice cream and tomato soup.  For me, a day with my girl.

- Live from my iPhone

No comments: