The final race was in Clarkston at the Bi-State Championships. It was a junior high race only, which was kind of fun! The run was incredibly difficult, with a long steep hill towards the end, leading up to the final stretch which was also on a slight incline. So the sprint for the finish was uphill-ish after dying up a doomsday-style hill. But it was beautiful!
Little fan.
I'm a total bundle of nerves pre-race. My husband, on the other hand, is cool as a cucumber. Here he is talking about his latest catch. No lie. This is a fisherman's tale photo, and it totally cracks me up.
Waiting for the start, what a beautiful fall day.
Gearing up!
The girls did awesome! What a great end to the season!
Kayte, got 6th place with a time of 10.41 (1.5 miles)!!
Awards ceremony!
We celebrated with pizza at Costco with the whole team (ie Coach Ryan and Ava, haha!).
Back at home, we finished it off with some ice cream.
I have to just mention, that I am so super proud of this girl. Four days a week since August, she would roll out of bed at 5:50 am, eat a quick breakfast and head to the gym for practice. Saturdays were spent at races or more practice. She never missed a day. She was cheerful, and still managed to stay on top of her school work, scoring all A's for the quarter, and often finishing her school day with drama practice for the upcoming Logos High School Varsity Play. Her dedication to the sport and her love for her teammates, along with her competitive spirit was actually an inspiration to me, and I sure hope I can be more like her someday.
Well done, Kayte. We are so proud of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment