Ahh. . .the very best thing about Mother's Day this year? The complete lack of crazy! It was the most relaxing weekend I've spent in a very very long time!
We started out at my mom's Saturday night with dinner with the whole family and all the cousins. We made peanut chicken, the kids played non-stop, and it felt as close to summertime as it has in a while! The next morning I slept in very late and was greeted by the kids with donuts and eggs and bacon and flowers and presents and cards - super-cute cards that I will have to scan and post. . .(Did I mention I'm a big fan of Mother's Day?) We loaded up in the jeep and went to check out the bears, our yearly pilgrimage west. We got home just in time for naps, and Joe and I lounged in the sunshine for a couple of hours. Then we headed to the Casebolt home for The Best Meatloaf Ever. The boys were in charge of the food and it was fantastic. We drank wine on the porch as the sun went down. . .Does it get any better than that???
Joe definitely succeeded in making me feel like Queen for the Day, or as Kayte would call it: the Queen Mom!
We started out at my mom's Saturday night with dinner with the whole family and all the cousins. We made peanut chicken, the kids played non-stop, and it felt as close to summertime as it has in a while! The next morning I slept in very late and was greeted by the kids with donuts and eggs and bacon and flowers and presents and cards - super-cute cards that I will have to scan and post. . .(Did I mention I'm a big fan of Mother's Day?) We loaded up in the jeep and went to check out the bears, our yearly pilgrimage west. We got home just in time for naps, and Joe and I lounged in the sunshine for a couple of hours. Then we headed to the Casebolt home for The Best Meatloaf Ever. The boys were in charge of the food and it was fantastic. We drank wine on the porch as the sun went down. . .Does it get any better than that???
Joe definitely succeeded in making me feel like Queen for the Day, or as Kayte would call it: the Queen Mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment